Kathryn is a strategic and empathetic attorney who approaches legal problems from the perspectives of her clients. Kathryn currently assists clients with business, real estate, litigation, and estate planning. Kathryn grew up in the Bay Area and Tokyo. Her high school guidance counselor at the American School in Japan encouraged her to apply to Whitman College, which is how she first came to Walla Walla.
After four wonderful years in Walla Walla, she moved away to attend UW School of Law. While in Seattle, she worked at a civil rights and personal injury firm that routinely wins judgments exceeding $1,000,000. After moving to Vancouver, she joined a business, real estate, and estate planning law firm. Living on the rainy side of the state, Kathryn and her husband, Owen, dreamed of returning to the rolling wheat fields, warm community, and world-class food and wine that only Walla Walla offers.
Kathryn and Owen took advantage of an unexpected opportunity to move back to Walla Walla in the Spring of 2021. Kathryn is delighted to live in Walla Walla, practice law at Minnick Hayner, and be part of this community.
- Real Estate
- Business and Commercial Law
- Litigation (contract disputes, insurance disputes, car accidents, dog bites, etc.)
- Estate Planning
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- Whitman College, B.A. Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Reduced state penalties from $153,000 to $950 for a small business in a state fine case
- Resolved a $2M+ patent infringement claim by identifying exactly how my client could avoid infringing on a Goliath corporation’s products, enabling them to stay in business
- Won an elderly client $170,000 for a dog bite with one demand letter
- Maximized insurance payouts for clients after car accidents and other catastrophic life events
- Won seller 100% of the earnest money in an a real estate dispute after the buyer canceled with no excuse